We are big believers that we need to understand the science, but if we can’t apply it with our clients, no-one benefits.
At Integra’s #LabTime sessions, we put away the books and manuals to explore and experience all the ways we can manipulate exercise.
- How many different ways can we stimulate a particular muscle?
- How can we modify the resistance profile?
- How can I affect this muscle whilst minimising joint forces?
- How does this feel when I go to momentary muscular failure?
- What happens if…?
- We look at all of the different ways that we can manipulate our verbal cues, our touch, visual and auditory feedback.
MASTERING THE BASICS
We know there’s no one way to perform an exercise: with the multiple levels of variability on offer in the body and between each client, the better we are able to master these variables… the closer we are to becoming exercise experts. And when we experience it ourselves, it becomes so much easier to deliver the best client experience.
If exercise was never special to you, how are you going to make it special for your clients?
Tom Purvis, RTS
What They're Saying.
Head of Education, Lift The Bar